Our Employee Benefits attorneys work with other professionals, such as trustees, consultants, plan administrators, and investment advisors and managers, to advise clients on the complex issues they encounter in sponsoring employee benefit plans. We provide creative, understandable and affordable employee benefits services.
Employee benefits can change dramatically through court decisions and legislative and regulatory changes. We constantly monitor these changes so that we can provide clients with the most up-to-date and relevant information through periodic newsletters and quarterly webinars.
Our comprehensive Employee Benefits and ERISA team focuses on the following four areas:
- Pension and retirement, health care, and other welfare benefit plan design, and compliance and fiduciary administration (including governmental/church plans and executive and equity-based compensation arrangements);
- Pre-transaction risk analysis and post-transaction transitional issues involving benefit plans and executive compensation in mergers and acquisitions;
- ERISA fiduciary defense and claims litigation; and
- The coordination of executive compensation with individual estate planning needs and the use of employee stock ownership plans to facilitate ownership transitions for closely-held companies.
News & Publications
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 10.11.2017
- Compliance Nuts & Bolts04.11.2017
- Election Implications for Employee Benefit Plans01.10.2017
- Regulatory Compliance Update10.04.2016
- New Regulations: What Plan Sponsors Need to Know07.12.2016
- Hot Topics in Benefits Litigation04.12.2016
- DOL Audits and Participants Are Focusing on Plan Claims Procedures: Can Your Plan’s Process Withstand Strict Scrutiny?04.25.2017
- 95 Neb. L. Rev. 603, 2017
- Managing Retirement Planning Costs: When Acceptable Industry Practice Takes a Multi-Million Dollar Wrong Turn08.23.2012