Aly Peterson proactively counsels clients in a wide-array of labor and employment-related matters, including employee hirings and terminations, leave, workplace policies and procedures, and wage and hour compliance. She guides clients through drafting and negotiating employment contracts, separation agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, incentive arrangements, workplace policies and procedures, and other agreements intended to protect a company’s confidential and proprietary information.
Aly works with clients to comply with employment laws and regulations and to address workforce-related issues before such issues become major headaches for employers. In addition to counseling clients to avoid litigation, Aly also has experience defending employers in investigations conducted by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and similar state-level agencies.
In her employment practice, Aly works closely with Koley Jessen’s transactions team to advise clients on employment-related issues in mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
News & Publications
- 95 Neb. L. Rev. 603, 2017
- Driving Courts Crazy: A Look at How Labor and Employment Laws Do Not Coincide with Ride Platforms in the Sharing Economy95 Neb. L. Rev. 853, 2017
J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, 2017 (high distinction)
- Program of Concentrated Study: Human Resources Law
- Nebraska Law Review, Managing Editor (2016-2017)
- Extern for Chief Judge Laurie Smith Camp of the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska (Spring 2017)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in International Perspectives in the U.S. Legal System, Real Estate Transactions, and Native American Law Seminar
- Order of the Coif
B.S.B.A., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2014 (distinction)
- State of Nebraska
US District Court, District of Nebraska
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit