Bryan Slone has over 30 years experience including governmental and private practice tax experience in the United States and Germany. Bryan previously served as Tax Counsel to a Member of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee during consideration of the 1986 Tax Reform Act, Assistant to the Commissioner (Legislative Liaison) of the Internal Revenue Service, co-founding partner of a law firm practice in Berlin, Germany, and a tax partner and office managing partner in Nebraska at Deloitte. In addition, he is a former candidate for Governor of Nebraska.
Bryan provides advice to clients in the areas of federal and state taxation, tax dispute resolution, international tax and transfer pricing, bankruptcy tax, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, and government policy and administrative procedure.
Bryan has served domestic and international clients particularly in the financial services, manufacturing, transportation, consumer products, and technology industries.
- Represented clients in connection with large bankruptcy proceedings including investigating tax matters on behalf of a Trustee, and participating in the successful litigation of a landmark case affecting the ability of debtors with significant tax attributes to reorganize under Chapter 11
- Represented multinational companies in resolving transfer pricing controversies in the United States and negotiating with foreign country tax administration officials
- Provided tax advice in numerous domestic merger and acquisition transactions of large and small companies
- Consulted with a multinational financial services company in analyzing their existing tax risk management procedures and developing a strategic plan for enhancing tax risk mitigation
- Represented numerous individuals and corporations in successfully resolving disputes in proceedings before IRS examination, collection, and appeals officials
News & Publications
- What Businesses Taxed as Partnerships Need to Know About the New Centralized Partnership Audit Rules12.11.2017
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers in America (© Woodward/White Inc.),Tax Law, 2016-2018
Community & Professional
District of Columbia Bar
Nebraska Society of CPA’s
Joslyn Art Museum (Past Board Member)
Omaha Symphony (Past Board Member)
Ak-Sar-Ben Foundation (Past Councilor)
Nebraska Humane Society (Past Board Chair)
United Way of the Midlands (Past Tocqueville Co-Chair)