Robert Kay leverages his business background and legal expertise to deliver efficient results through active and engaged client relationships.
Robert partners with corporate clients and private equity sponsors on a wide variety of corporate and business matters, including mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and private equity transactions. He also advises start-up and early stage companies throughout their life cycle, from formation and strategic planning to restructurings and exit alternatives.
Before and during law school, Robert worked at Warner Music Group and Maker Studios, Inc. By holding analyst and manager positions, he developed a practical understanding of business and the operational considerations of both a multinational conglomerate and a digital media start-up. In March 2014, while Manager of Global Royalties, Maker Studios was acquired by The Walt Disney Company.
Prior to joining Koley Jessen, Robert was Associate Counsel at Los Angeles-based Music Reports, Inc., a SaaS development and hosting company that specializes in music rights licensing and administration.
- JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT) in the acquisition of assets of Cooling & Applied Technology, Inc.
- Bridges Holding Company in the acquisition of assets of the Omaha branch office of Westwood Holdings Group, Inc. (NYSE: WHG)
- SouthernCarlson in the acquisition of assets of the Bostitch Industrial business of Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (NYSE: SWK)
- SouthernCarlson in the acquisition of assets of River City Building Supply, Inc.
- SouthernCarlson in the acquisition of assets of Air King Fastening Systems, Inc.
- Navajo Manufacturing Company in the acquisition of Cashco Distributors, Inc.
- Digital Health Corp. in the acquisition of Constant Therapy
- Pinnacle Bank in the acquisition of assets of AmFirst Bank
Private Equity Transactions
- McCarthy Capital Fund VI L.P. in its investment in 365 Retail Markets, LLC
- Horizon Holdings, LLC in the recapitalization of Blue Wave Boats
- Two Roads Equity, LLC in the acquisition of Delasco
Closely Held Sale Transactions
- Sale of Integrity Marketing Group to HGGC, LLC
- Sale of Tabs3 to Thompson Street Capital Partners
News & Publications
- American Bar Association - Preferred Returns Newsletter, 09.2017