- Nebraska State Bar Association, 10.11.2017, 9:00 a.m.
Discuss the current tenor in Washington, D.C., with regard to new developments in health care reform legislation, including the efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. Provide a broad overview of health law, discussing situations in which health law intersects with other practice areas. Topics include the Stark Law, the federal anti-kickback statute, HIPAA, credentialing and licensing Issues, and reporting obligations.
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, 10.12.2017, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
This course, presented by Koley Jessen attorneys, is essential for CPA's to understand the issues and planning involved prior to the transaction, in order to help them guide their clients through the process.
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 10.13.2017, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Discussion of federal tax reform (politics and policy) and a panel discussion on state tax developments.
- 10.19.2017, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our annual Employment Law Symposium will provide a comprehensive discussion of new and ongoing employment issues. Koley Jessen’s employment law team will offer straightforward answers and tools that you can apply immediately.
- PLI, 09.15.2017, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Business Law Seminar, Nebraska State Bar Association, 09.08.2017
Review and discuss situations that trigger heightened fiduciary duties when directors may not be able to rely on the business judgement rule. Explore the evolving role of special independent committees of Boards of Directors and best practices to protect against duty of loyalty breaches and conflicts of interest.
- Business Law Seminar, Nebraska State Bar Association, 09.08.2017, 9:10 a.m.
When do they apply and when don’t they? Any time a security in a company is issued, be it to founders, employees, friends, family, or sophisticated investors, you have an offering of securities and will want to know what, if any, exemptions to the IPO registration regulations apply.
- Business Law Seminar, Nebraska State Bar Association, 09.08.2017, 10:00 a.m.
An overview of various chapters in bankruptcy and basic concepts about bankruptcy, proofs of claims, non-dischargeability issues, and more.
- SHRM Nebraska State Conference, 08.24.2017, 2:00 p.m.
Margaret Hershiser will be presenting at the 2017 Society of Human Resource Management Nebraska State Conference.