Back in 1986
The Simply Tax Podcast turns back the clock 31 years in a special bonus episode that looks at the last time tax reform revamped the Internal Revenue Code. Tune in as Bryan Slone—a tax attorney with Omaha-based firm Koley Jessen—shares valuable insight based on his time as Tax Counsel to a member of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee in 1986.
Here’s a look at what’s inside this episode:
- There are winners and losers in tax reform, and it’s really hard politically @ 3:34
- Last time, it was bipartisan and took two years @ 6:03
- It was a different time in 1986 @ 11:20
- Last time was about a 28 percent individual rate; this time around, it’s a 20 percent corporate rate @ 16:11
- The economic impact of tax reform @20:56