Brian Harr's practice includes the representation of both public and private companies in the sale and purchase of companies.
He has extensive experience in the structuring of transactions to maximize the value of the transaction for his clients. During the negotiations of a transaction, Brian works closely with his clients to identify potential issues, explain the consequences of such issues, and try to find an acceptable resolution to such issues. Once a transaction closes, he continues to work with his clients to see that all post closing covenants are satisfied; and, if there are any other post closing issues, they are resolved in a satisfactory manner.
- Recapitalization of Pacur, LLC
- Heartland Agriculture, LLC in the purchase of substantially all the assets of Ag Systems, Inc.
- AbsenceSoft, LLC in its sale to Bow River
- AmazingMail, Inc. in its sale to Xpressdocs Holdings, Inc.
- Dynamic Drinkware, LLC in its sale to Churchill Containers, LLC
- Syncsort Incorporated in the purchase of SQ Data Corporation
- MD Holdings, LLC in the purchase of Advantage Surveillance, Inc.
- J. J. Nichting in the acquisition of H.D. Cline, Inc.
- Syncsort Incorporated in purchase of QSL Northern Europe B.V., Rossum
- Sale of substantially all the assets of Aberdeen, LLC
- Syncsort Incorporated in acquisition of Townsend Security’s IBM i security division
- O’Connor’s in its sale to Thomson Reuters
- Sale of Lortscher Animal Nutrition Inc. to C.J. Foods, Inc.
- Prairie Capital in the sale of DAMAC LLC
- Navajo Manufacturing Company, Inc. in the acquisition of Cashco Distributors, Inc.
- Represented a publicly traded company in fourteen (14) acquisitions/dispositions
- Represented a privately held company in its sale to a publicly traded company for more than $145 million
- Represented a privately held company with 200 plus shareholders in its sale to a publicly traded company for more than $45 million
- Represented a privately held company in the acquisition of the license to Prince
- Represented a privately held company in the sale of its company to another privately held company in excess of $110 million
- Represented a privately held company in the sale of its assets in excess of $100 million
- Represented a privately held company in anti-trust investigation by the Department of Justice
- Serves as outside general counsel for two privately held companies, both of which have over $100 million in annual gross revenue
News & Publications
- National Business Institute, 09.13.2021
- Business Minded - Planning for Success Webinar Series, 06.23.2021
- Omaha Magazine, 07.2021
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
The Best Lawyers in America® , Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2021-2024
Omaha Magazine Top Lawyers of Omaha, Corporate Finance Mergers and Acquisitions, 2021
IFLR1000 United States, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2019
Nebraska State Bar Foundation, Fellow
Community & Professional
Nebraska Bar Association
Leadership Omaha Class 29
TeamMates Metro, Board of Directors
Omaha Children's Museum, Board of Directors
Sacred Heart Church, Finance Committee Member
Douglas County Fair Board, Past Chair