Nick O’Brien works hand-in-hand with clients to understand their wishes regarding their estate and helps them to achieve those objectives in the most tax-efficient manner.
He helps clients with basic estate plans including a will, healthcare power of attorney, durable power of attorney, and a trust. Nick also counsels clients to create and accomplish complex wealth transfer or business succession plans. Upon the death of a loved one, Nick works with families to ensure that the plans they had in place are executed properly throughout the probate process.
With experience in trust disputes, guardianships, conservatorships, and Medicaid planning, Nick provides his clients advice and oversight on a variety of before-and-after-death planning problems that their families or their business might face.
When clients’ wishes include establishing a charity, foundation, or non-profit as a part of their estate plan, Nick oversees formation of the non-profit entity and ensures that appropriate governance is in place to achieve the client’s objectives in the long-term.
In addition, Nick’s background in abstracting and escrow services, equips him to assist clients with title management and real estate transfers.
News & Publications
- Nebraska CPA, July/August 2021
- Nebraska CPA, November/December 2020
- Creighton Law Review, 09.2020
- Nebraska CPA, May/June 2020
- The Nebraska State Bar Association, 2019
- Nebraska College of Law, 2021 John M. Gradwohl Estate and Business Planning Program, 05.13.2021
J.D., Creighton University School of Law, (magna cum laude)
- Creighton Law Review
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in: Estate Planning, Appellate Litigation, Employment Discrimination, Client Interviewing and Legal Counselling, Evidence, Contracts, Legal Research and Writing, and Constitutional Law
B.A., Creighton University, (cum laude)
- State of Nebraska