Teresa Beaufait has more than 30 years experience in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, public and private securities offerings and compliance, financing, and general corporate law.
Before joining Koley Jessen in January 2008, Teresa served for over six years as senior vice president and general counsel for SITEL Corporation, a NYSE-listed company with over $1 billion in revenues, where she directed the company’s legal strategy and managed external counsel and the internal legal department. Teresa led SITEL’s legal team on matters ranging from large outsourcing contracts with multinational corporations to international joint ventures and acquisitions/dispositions, and concluding with the sale of the company in a going private merger transaction.
Teresa is recognized as AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated (Martindale-Hubbell), and has been selected by her peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2011-2019 (© Woodward/White Inc.) for her work in Mergers and Acquisitions Law and Corporate Law.
- Affiliated Foods Midwest Cooperative, Inc. in sale of assets to Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in acquisitions of Claude Laval Corporation, IRZ Consulting and Digitec, Inc.
- Beverage distributorship in sale of business Ingredient company with patented technology in initial and successive venture capital equity rounds and debt financing facilities
- Intraocular lens manufacturer in sale of business to public company V-T Industries, Inc. in purchase of assets of Creative Composites Ltd.
- Construction products distributor in recapitalization and bolt-on acquisition
- Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc. in sale of assets to Perrigo, Inc. for $285 million
- Bag ‘N Save, Inc. in sale of grocery stores to Nash Finch Company
- Metal stamping company in sale of business to public company
- Wholesale beverage distribution company in purchase of beer distributorship
- Foodservice wholesaler in sale of business to public company
- Investment advisory firm in sale of business to public company
- Dental lab in sale of business in roll-up transaction
- Shopper center developer in joint venture and financing facilities
- Funding partner in strategic alliance involving patented technology
- Software company in sale to public company
- Issuer in initial public offering and follow-on and secondary offerings
News & Publications
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers in America (© Woodward/White Inc.), Mergers & Acquisitions Law and Corporate Law, 2011-2019
“AV” Rating, Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
Community & Professional
Nebraska State Bar Association
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
Association of Corporate Counsel (2000-2007)
J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1981
Certified Public Accountant Certificate, Nebraska and Kansas (inactive)
B.S.B.A., Creighton University, 1978 (summa cum laude)
- State of Nebraska
U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
U.S. Tax Court