- 01.10.2018, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
What does tax reform mean for you and your business? Part 3 of our Tax Reform Webinar Series will cover how C Corporations are taxed, developing a robust model for analysis, and procedural requirements and timing.
- 01.09.2018, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
What does tax reform mean for you and your business? Part 2 of our Tax Reform Webinar Series will cover: modifications to estate and generation-skipping transfer taxes, employee benefits and compensation implications, and tax-exempt organizations.
- 01.08.2018, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
What does tax reform mean for you and your business? Part 1 of our Tax Reform Webinar Series will cover: individual rates for pass-through owners, C Corporation rates, depreciation and cost recovery changes, changes to business deductions and exclusions, and changes to business credits and energy credits.
- 12.15.2017, 11:30 am - 12:45 pm
With daily headlines involving allegations of sexual harassment, the need for updated training and effective internal practices for identifying and addressing harassment has never been greater.
- BKD Simply Tax Podcast, 11.08.2017
The Simply Tax Podcast turns back the clock 31 years in a special bonus episode that looks at the last time tax reform revamped the Internal Revenue Code. Tune in as Bryan Slone—a tax attorney with Omaha-based firm Koley Jessen—shares valuable insight based on his time as Tax Counsel to a member of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee in 1986.
- 10.19.2017, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our annual Employment Law Symposium will provide a comprehensive discussion of new and ongoing employment issues. Koley Jessen’s employment law team will offer straightforward answers and tools that you can apply immediately.
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 10.13.2017, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Discussion of federal tax reform (politics and policy) and a panel discussion on state tax developments.
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, 10.12.2017, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
This course, presented by Koley Jessen attorneys, is essential for CPA's to understand the issues and planning involved prior to the transaction, in order to help them guide their clients through the process.
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 10.11.2017, 9:00 a.m.
Discuss the current tenor in Washington, D.C., with regard to new developments in health care reform legislation, including the efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. Provide a broad overview of health law, discussing situations in which health law intersects with other practice areas. Topics include the Stark Law, the federal anti-kickback statute, HIPAA, credentialing and licensing Issues, and reporting obligations.
- PLI, 09.15.2017, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Business Law Seminar, Nebraska State Bar Association, 09.08.2017
Review and discuss situations that trigger heightened fiduciary duties when directors may not be able to rely on the business judgement rule. Explore the evolving role of special independent committees of Boards of Directors and best practices to protect against duty of loyalty breaches and conflicts of interest.
- Business Law Seminar, Nebraska State Bar Association, 09.08.2017, 9:10 a.m.
When do they apply and when don’t they? Any time a security in a company is issued, be it to founders, employees, friends, family, or sophisticated investors, you have an offering of securities and will want to know what, if any, exemptions to the IPO registration regulations apply.
- Business Law Seminar, Nebraska State Bar Association, 09.08.2017, 10:00 a.m.
An overview of various chapters in bankruptcy and basic concepts about bankruptcy, proofs of claims, non-dischargeability issues, and more.
- SHRM Nebraska State Conference, 08.24.2017, 2:00 p.m.
Margaret Hershiser will be presenting at the 2017 Society of Human Resource Management Nebraska State Conference.
- How to Survive a DOL Audit & Common Health Plan Mistakes07.11.2017
- Potential Developments in Federal Wealth Transfer Taxation and Income Taxation2017 John M. Gradwohl Estate and Business Planning Program, 05.12.2017
- Compliance Nuts & Bolts04.11.2017
- Election Implications for Employee Benefit Plans01.10.2017
- Family Physicians and ACOs - Create Your Own FutureAmerican Academy of Family Physicians' Annual Chapter Leader Forum, 2016
- Regulatory Compliance Update10.04.2016
- New Regulations: What Plan Sponsors Need to Know07.12.2016
- Hot Topics in Benefits Litigation04.12.2016
- Environmental Issues in Construction Projects, Construction Law SeminarNebraska Bar Association, 11.17.2015
- Waters of the U.S.Nebraska Power Summit, 10.28.2015
- You Found Out WHAT About My Company on the Web?Nebraska Safety Council Conference and Tradeshow, 10.21.2015
- Federal Impacts on Water Law, Nebraska Water Law ConferenceThe University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 03.20.2015