OSHA Injury Reporting
As of August 1, 2017, the Occupational and Safety Health Administration’s (OSHA) new electronic injury tracking portal (the "Injury Tracking Application" or "ITA") is available. Information on your 2016 Form 300A needs to be submitted electronically by December 1, 2017.
According to information on OSHA’s website:
- Covered employers with 250 or more employees must electronically submit information from OSHA Forms 300 (Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses), 300A (Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses), and 301 (Injury and Illness Incident Report).
- Covered employers with 20-249 employees must electronically submit information from OSHA Form 300A.
The new electronic reporting requirements will be phased in.
- In 2017, all covered employers must submit information from their completed 2016 Form 300A (deadline of December 1, 2017).
- In 2018, covered establishments with 250 or more employees must submit information from all completed 2017 forms (300A, 300, and 301) by July 1, 2018, and covered employers with 20-249 employees must submit information from their completed 2017 Form 300A by July 1, 2018.
- Beginning in 2019 and every year thereafter, covered employers must submit the information by March 2.
OSHA’s Injury Tracking Application can be accessed at https://www.osha.gov/injuryreporting/.