Brandon Hamm serves as a trusted advisor to some of the region’s most prominent individuals, families and business owners and assists them with the accumulation, management, protection and transfer of their considerable wealth.
He works closely with these clients to understand their objectives and designs comprehensive estate and business succession planning solutions tailored to transition their estates and businesses to successive generations in a thoughtful and tax-efficient manner. Brandon often serves as private general counsel to family offices and draws upon the vast experience of attorneys throughout Koley Jessen to serve their sophisticated needs.
He also counsels entrepreneurs and small business owners on all manner of general business matters, including entity formation, tax and insurance matters, and the design and implementation of buy-sell arrangements.
Brandon was recognized for Private Wealth Law by Chambers High Net Worth Guide, 2017. The publication noted feedback from clients, including:
"I like his demeanour, I like the way he has focused on getting to know our family and understanding the fabric of who we are and what we stand for. He's really done his homework and he's very well prepared."
"a reasonable, down-to-earth person, very smart and educated but easy to communicate with and very understanding."
News & Publications
- Achieving Tax Efficiencies When A Business Is Sold: Strategic Pre-Sale Wealth Transfer And Transaction Structuring Planning2018 John M. Gradwohl Estate and Business Planning Program, 05.10.2018
- FPA of Nebraska, 02.02.2018
- Portability: Prenups, Postnups and Other Planning ConsiderationsThe Nebraska Lawyer, 07.2013
- No Estate Tax? Seriously?Financial Planning Association of Nebraska newsletter, 03.2010
- Estate Planning UpdatePhysicians Bulletin, 11.2009
- Trustees: A Selection Guide and Drafting SuggestionsThe Nebraska Lawyer, 02.2007
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers in America (© Woodward/White Inc.), Trusts and Estates, 2018
Recognized for Private Wealth Law by Chambers High Net Worth Guide, 2017
"AV" Rating, Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016
Community & Professional
Nebraska State Bar Association
Financial Planning Association of Nebraska
Society of Financial Service Professionals, Omaha Chapter, Board of Directors (2012-2014)
Omaha Estate Planning Council, 2014 – Present
J.D., Creighton University, 2005 (magna cum laude)
M.B.A., University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2002
B.S., Truman State University, 1998 (magna cum laude)
Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® or CAP® designation from The American College of Financial Services, 2014
- State of Nebraska