Brandon Hamm serves as a trusted advisor to some of the region’s most prominent individuals, families and business owners and assists them with the accumulation, management, protection and transfer of their wealth.
He works closely with these clients to understand their objectives and designs comprehensive estate and business succession planning solutions tailored to transition their estates and businesses to successive generations in a thoughtful and tax-efficient manner. Brandon often serves as private general counsel to family offices and draws upon the vast experience of attorneys throughout Koley Jessen to serve their sophisticated needs.
He also counsels entrepreneurs and small business owners on all aspects of general business matters, including entity formation, tax and insurance matters, and the design and implementation of buy-sell arrangements.
Brandon was recognized for Private Wealth Law by Chambers High Net Worth Guide, 2017-2018. The publication noted feedback from clients, including:
"I like his demeanor, I like the way he has focused on getting to know our family and understanding the fabric of who we are and what we stand for. He's really done his homework and he's very well prepared."
"a reasonable, down-to-earth person, very smart and educated but easy to communicate with and very understanding."
News & Publications
- Achieving Tax Efficiencies When A Business Is Sold: Strategic Pre-Sale Wealth Transfer And Transaction Structuring Planning2018 John M. Gradwohl Estate and Business Planning Program, 05.10.2018
- FPA of Nebraska, 02.02.2018
- Guiding Your Client Through the Sale of a Business - Pre-Transaction Wealth Transfer PlanningNebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, 10.12.2017
- Probate and Probate AvoidanceFinancial Planning Association of Nebraska, 05.16.2014
- Pre-Transaction Wealth Transfer Planning – part of event entitled “Business Succession Planning: A Process Not an Event”Merrill Lynch, a Bank of America corporation, 04.17.2014
- Estate Planning BasicsFarm Bureau Financial Services, 01.31.2014
- Estate and Business Succession PlanningNebraska Paralegal Association - 2012 Annual Membership Meeting and Seminar, 09.21.2012
- Business Succession PlanningOmaha CEO Forum, 05.24.2012
- Intermediate Estate Planning: Beyond the BasicsGreat Plains Tax Institute, 12.03.2009
- Legal Considerations Related to Business Succession Planning and Buy-Sell Agreement Basics – 24th Annual Heartland Conference for Free EnterpriseNebraska Center for Free Enterprise, part of UNL College of Business Administration, 03.26.2009
- The Nebraska Lawyer, 10.23.2016
- Portability: Prenups, Postnups and Other Planning ConsiderationsThe Nebraska Lawyer, 07.2013
- No Estate Tax? Seriously?Financial Planning Association of Nebraska newsletter, 03.2010
- Estate Planning UpdatePhysicians Bulletin, 11.2009
- Trustees: A Selection Guide and Drafting SuggestionsThe Nebraska Lawyer, 02.2007
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Recognized for Private Wealth Law by Chambers High Net Worth Guide, 2017-2018
Best Lawyers in America (© Woodward/White Inc.), Trusts & Estates, Tax Law and Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, 2018-2019
"AV" Rating, Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016
Community & Professional
Omaha Community Foundation, Board of Directors, Governance Committee and Gift Acceptance Committee
Project Harmony, Board of Directors, Finance Committee and Development Committee
Blackstone Venture Fund, Founding Member, 2016 - Present
Omaha Estate Planning Council, 2014 – Present
Society of Financial Service Professionals, Omaha Chapter, Board of Directors (2012-2014)
Nebraska State Bar Association
J.D., Creighton University, 2005 (magna cum laude)
M.B.A., University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2002
B.S., Truman State University, 1998 (magna cum laude)
Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® or CAP® designation from The American College of Financial Services, 2014
BEI Certified Exit Planner (CExP™) designation, 2018
- State of Nebraska