With experience as a CEO, Vice Chairman, General Counsel and board member of various businesses throughout his career, Matt Maser understands how businesses weigh opportunities and risks. His wide variety of business experience helps clients accomplish their objectives. Whether it’s buying or selling a company; helping a company raise money or pursue a joint venture; or making decisions on how to grow and manage a company, Matt’s experience is an asset.
Matt possesses significant experience acting as a General Counsel on behalf of companies, helping them to grow their businesses while managing risk, and ultimately, helping them exit their business models through execution of successful sales transactions. In addition, having the experience as a customer of law firms enhances his ability to provide laser focused service and results to his clients.
Matt also has significant experience, and will continue to advise clients, in the following areas:
- Structuring transactions, partnerships, and joint ventures
- Managing, negotiating, and documenting M&A transactions
- Structuring and closing real estate transactions and leases
- Managing due diligence process
- Counseling clients on entity formation
- Advising clients on various legal issues impacting their businesses
- Structuring and negotiating commercial and real estate financings
Over the last 5 years, Matt has executed over $1.0 billion in transactions, including the following (sale price included for deals where terms were publicly disclosed):
- $385,000,000 sale of West Living, LLC to MBK Real Estate
- $100,000,000 merger of Lattner Entertainment Group Illinois, LLC with Boyd Gaming, Inc.
- $100,000,000 sale of Global Industries, Inc. to Ag Growth International
- $82,000,000 sale of Waitt Outdoor, LLC to Link Media, Inc.
- Sale of Vornado Air, LLC to 360 Holdings, Inc.
- Acquisition, development, and leasing of multiple Fed Ex Freight distribution facilities throughout the United States
- Sale of assisted living facility in Palm Desert, California to Lytle Enterprises
- Acquisition of Asset Development Group (owner of 57 mobile home parks in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Iowa).
News & Publications
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Nebraska State Bar Foundation, Fellow
Community & Professional
Grand Island Community Foundation Board (2021 - Present)
Fonner Park Executive Board of Directors (2020 - Present)
Grand Island Area Economic Development Corporation, Member Board of Trustees, (2014-Present)
Stuhr Musuem Board of Directors (2020-Present)
Grand Island Central Catholic Foundation, Board Member (2012-2019), Past President (2016)
Knights of Aksarben Foundation, Councilor
University of Nebraska Foundation, Trustee
Goodwill Industries, Board Member (2010-2016)
Riverside Golf Club, Board Member (2008-2014)