With over 65 years of cumulative tax experience, and a former Assistant to the Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service leading our team, we have developed expertise in a broad range of areas to serve and provide advice on the wide variety of tax-related issues faced by our business, nonprofit and individual clients.
Our tax attorneys consistently bring the right expertise and perspective to address each client’s particular needs, including matters requiring practical business insights beyond tax. In this context, we strive to provide more than merely technical answers to tax questions, but to deliver the most appropriate tax solutions to your most important tax issues.
We are committed to being the premier tax firm in our marketplace.
We routinely advise clients on tax-related issues associated with the following matters and services:
- Individual Taxation
- Corporate Taxation
- Partnership/LLC/Sub-S Entities
- Estate and Gift Taxation
- State and Local Taxation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Bankruptcy, Reorganizations, and Restructuring
- Tax Protests, Disputes, and Litigation
- Real Estate
- Charitable Planning
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Our core client service principles include leading with the right team of professionals, ensuring we have a clear understanding of our client’s situation, tailoring each engagement to specific client needs, and being efficient and responsive in our work. We understand the importance and benefits of teaming with our client’s other advisors, including CPA’s, in providing well-coordinated solutions that can be implemented efficiently.
News & Publications
- BKD Simply Tax Podcast, 11.08.2017
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 10.13.2017
- What Businesses Taxed as Partnerships Need to Know About the New Centralized Partnership Audit Rules12.11.2017
- Nebraska Supreme Court Validates Pre-transaction Planning to Qualify for Nebraska’s Special Capital Gains Exclusion10.27.2016
- Only You (and Your Department of Revenue) Know For Sure: State Notice and Reporting Laws Create New Issues for Direct Markets08.12.2011