Helmut Brugman is an experienced corporate attorney whom clients rely on when they need practical solutions to their legal problems.
Helmut’s M&A practice is focused on the middle market where he works closely with private equity sponsors, strategic acquirers and closely held businesses on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and recapitalizations. He also advises clients as their general counsel to provide timely and pragmatic solutions to their everyday legal and business needs.
Prior to joining Koley Jessen, Helmut worked for the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Affiliated Foods Midwest Cooperative, Inc. in sale of assets to Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Red Giant Oil Company in its sale to HollyFrontier Corporation (NYSE: HFC)
- Mudlick Mail, LLC, a Clearview Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of Muscle Up Marketing, LLC
- McCarthy Capital in its investment in Scooter’s Coffee
- QC Supply, LLC in multiple acquisitions
- Clearview Capital in its investment in Mudlick Mail, LLC
- JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT) in the acquisition of Schröder Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG
- Electronic Design & Manufacturing in its sale to Pivot International
- JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT) in the acquisition of PLF International Limited
- JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT) in the acquisition of Aircraft Maintenance Support Services, Ltd.
- JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT) in the acquisition of Avure Technologies, Inc.
- Clearview Capital in the sale of QC Supply, LLC to Charlesbank Capital Partners
- JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT) in the acquisition of assets of Cooling & Applied Technology, Inc.
- H-Card d.b.a. HAP-X in its sale to Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX)
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Unirac, Inc. from Hilti Solar North America, Inc.
- Xact Data Discovery, a Clearview Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of Orange Legal Technologies and Orange Document Services
- Cabela’s Incorporated (NYSE: CAB) in the sale of Cabela’s Outdoor Adventures, Inc.
- Benaissance, LLC in its sale to WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX)
- JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT) in the acquisition of A&B Process Systems Corp.
- Healthy Food Ingredients, LLC in the acquisition of assets of Suntava, Inc.
- McCarthy Capital in its investment in United Country Real Estate, LLC
- JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT) in the acquisition of assets of Wolf-tec, Inc.
- McCarthy Capital in its investment in DSCI, LLC
- Healthy Food Ingredients, LLC in the acquisition of Hesco LLC
- Environmental Solutions Group in the acquisition of The Curotto-Can, Inc.
- Recapitalization of QC Supply, LLC by Clearview Capital
- Horizon Holdings, LLC and Healthy Food Ingredients, LLC in the recapitalization of SK Food International
- Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc. in sale of assets to Perrigo, Inc.
- Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV) in the sale of Heil Trailer International to American Industrial Partners
- McCarthy Capital in its investment in Environmental Planning Group, LLC
News & Publications
Honors & Affiliations
Community & Professional
Nebraska and Omaha Bar Associations
Project Harmony Service League, Board of Directors
J.D., Creighton University (magna cum laude)
- Certificate of Concentration: Business Law
- Lead Articles Editor, Creighton Law Review
- Moot Court Board
B.S.B.A., Saint Louis University (summa cum laude)
- Accounting & Finance
- State of Nebraska