Helmut Brugman is an experienced corporate attorney whom clients rely on when they need practical solutions to their legal problems.
Helmut’s M&A practice is focused on the middle market where he works closely with private equity sponsors, strategic acquirers, and closely-held businesses on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and recapitalizations. He also advises clients as their general counsel to provide timely and pragmatic solutions to their everyday legal and business needs.
Prior to joining Koley Jessen, Helmut worked for the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- McCarthy Capital and its portfolio companies in the following transactions:
- Investment in Spreetail
- Investment in BiggerPockets
- Investment in Quantum Workplace
- Investment in Scooter’s Coffee
- Sale of H-Card d.b.a. HAP-X to Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX)
- Investment in United Country Real Estate, LLC
- Sale of Benaissance, LLC to WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX)
- Investment in DSCI, LLC
- Investment in Environmental Planning Group, LLC
- JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT) in the following transactions:
- Acquisition of Alco-food-machines
- Acquisition of Urtasun Tecnología Alimentaria, S.L.
- Acquisition of Prevenio
- Acquisition of Proseal uk Limited
- Acquisition of Prime Equipment Group
- Acquisition of Lektro, Inc.
- Acquisition of Schröder Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG
- Acquisition of PLF International Limited
- Acquisition of Aircraft Maintenance Support Services, Ltd.
- Acquisition of Avure Technologies, Inc.
- Acquisition of Cooling & Applied Technology, Inc.
- Acquisition of A&B Process Systems Corp.
- Acquisition of Wolf-tec, Inc.
- Clearview Capital and its portfolio companies in the following transactions:
- Investment in Capitol Services
- Investment in Infinity Worlds, Belmont Partners and Portu-Sunberg
- Next Net Media in its acquisition of Authority Builders
- Next Net Media in its acquisition of Copymatic
- Investment in Next Net Media LLC
- Wilson Orchard & Vineyard Supply, LLC in its acquisition of Valley Vineyard & Orchard Supply, Inc.
- Mudlick Mail, LLC in its acquisition of Muscle Up Marketing, LLC
- Investment in Mudlick Mail, LLC
- Sale of QC Supply, LLC to Charlesbank Capital Partners
- JLL Partners and its portfolio companies in the following transactions:
- Investment in TERIS-Phoenix and TERIS-NYC
- Investment in Meta-e Discovery
- Investment in Elijah, LLC
- Modus Create, LLC in its acquisition of Clarisoft
- Modus Create, LLC in its acquisition of Promptworks
- Modus Create, LLC in its acquisition of Atlas Authority
- Xact Data Discovery in multiple acquisitions
- Mosaic in the following transactions:
- Acquisition of Behavioral Technologies, Corp.
- Acquisition of Vantage Group, Inc.
- Acquisition of Living Innovations Support Services, LLC
- Sale of Texas Operations
- Tenex Capital Management in the following transactions:
- Acquisition of Orbus Exhibit & Display Group
- Acquisition of Unirac, Inc.
- Sale of Ingredients Solutions Inc. to Tilley Company
- Sale of General Fire & Safety Equipment Company of Lincoln to Summit
- Sale of Burton AC Heating Plumbing to ShoreView
- Sale of Premier Waste Solutions, Springs Waste Systems and Mountain View Waste Systems to Waste Connections (NYSE: WCN)
- Red Giant Oil Company in its sale to HollyFrontier Corporation (NYSE: HFC)
- QC Supply, LLC in multiple acquisitions
- Electronic Design & Manufacturing in its sale to Pivot International
- Affiliated Foods Midwest Cooperative, Inc. in its sale to Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Cabela’s Incorporated in its sale of Cabela’s Outdoor Adventures, Inc.
- Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV) in the following transactions:
- Sale of Heil Trailer International to American Industrial Partners
- Environmental Solutions Group’s acquisition of the Curotto-Can, Inc.
- Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc. in its sale to Perrigo, Inc.
- Healthy Food Ingredients, LLC in the following transactions:
- Acquisition of Suntava, Inc.
- Acquisition of Hesco LLC
- Recapitalization of SK Food International
News & Publications
Honors & Affiliations
Community & Professional
Nebraska and Omaha Bar Associations
Project Harmony Service League, Board of Directors
Omaha Children’s Museum, Board of Directors
Saint Margaret Mary Church, Finance Committee Member
J.D., Creighton University (magna cum laude)
- Certificate of Concentration: Business Law
- Lead Articles Editor, Creighton Law Review
- Moot Court Board
B.S.B.A., Saint Louis University (summa cum laude)
- Accounting & Finance
- State of Nebraska