With a practice dedicated to immigration matters, Stephanie Grattan anticipates clients’ concerns, understands their business needs, and helps solve immigration-related challenges.
Stephanie advises companies navigating employment transitions with foreign nationals, both via sponsorship for nonimmigrant and immigrant visas and assessing the impact of mergers and other corporate reorganizations on U.S. visa holders. She represents companies across many industries on Form I-9 employment eligibility verification, E-Verify compliance, and worksite compliance and investigation matters. Because of her experience, Stephanie is often asked to provide management training, conduct internal I-9 audits, or appear before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Department of Labor, or U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
She also assists foreign nationals in family-based immigration matters, waivers for immigration violations, and humanitarian claims for immigration benefits. Stephanie is fluent in Spanish.
Stephanie is a member of Koley Jessen's Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- Represented small and medium-sized businesses as well as large publicly-traded companies with respect to a variety of immigration matters such as securing employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant visas (commonly referred to as “green cards”) for management, professional, specialized skill, and other temporary employees
- Conducted training and advised employers on compliance issues related to Form I-9 employment eligibility verification, E-Verify, and Social Security “No-Match” letters
- Conducted employer self-audits to ensure Form I-9 compliance and assisted employers through the response process related to Form I-9 Notice of Inspection requests
- Represented foreign nationals on a variety of immigration matters before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and Asylum Office
News & Publications
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, 21st Annual Fall Conference, 10.28.2021
- Omaha Magazine, 07.2021
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Omaha Magazine Top Lawyers of Omaha, Immigration Law, 2021
Community & Professional
Iowa-Nebraska American Immigration Lawyers Association, Chapter Chair
American Immigration Lawyer’s Association
Omaha, Nebraska, and American Bar Associations
Leadership Rockford, 2014-2015
J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2011 (cum laude)
- Chicago-Kent Law Review, Executive Article Editor
- Moot Court Honor Society
M.S., University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2008
- Criminal Justice
B.A., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2005
- International Studies, Latin American Studies and Spanish
- State of Nebraska