Our Environmental team is dedicated to environmental law. It is what we do all day, every day, and we are ready to assist our clients in real time. We know that when an environmental-related opportunity or problem arises, you need immediate attention. Our team is available at a moment’s notice to ensure the most efficient and effective resolution for our clients.
We are experienced in all environmental programs and have coordinated with state environmental agencies and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Our team includes the former Director of the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality ("NDEQ") which administers and enforces environmental laws in Nebraska.
We help our clients stay proactive in environmental compliance by tracking local and national environmental trends and utilizing our world-class network of resources to align client objectives with opportunities. Our services include:
Due Diligence: We work with our M&A and Real Estate teams on due diligence related to transactions in Nebraska and across the United States.
Permitting: We have extensive experience working on environmental permitting issues in air quality, water quality, and waste management programs.
Compliance: Compliance with local, state, or federal environmental laws can be difficult and confusing. Our experience ranges from consultation on avoiding compliance issues to negotiation of enforcement actions.
Strategy: Our experience includes many years of leadership at the state and national level with environmental policy issues. This experience is invaluable in devising strategic goals for your business while understanding dynamics of environmental requirements. This knowledge of policy and governmental operations enables us to be effective environmental government relations attorneys.
Remediation: Our experience includes all aspects of representation in remediation programs and redevelopment of property.
Litigation: We work with our Litigation team to handle any administrative or judicial issue that may arise. Close teamwork enables the litigating attorney to have experienced environmental attorneys as a resource.
News & Publications
- Update on ‘Waters of the United States’ (WOTUS) RuleJoint Convention of Nebraska Water Resources Association and Nebraska State Irrigators Association, 11.21.2017
- Environmental LawEngineering Law and Ethics Halfmoon Seminars, 6.16.2017 and 10.4.2017
- Representations and Warranties Insurance (RWl) and Environmental ComplianceMidwest Environmental Compliance Conference, 05.18.2017
- Nebraska Water QualityUniversity of Nebraska-Lincoln Water Law Conference, 10.21.2016
- Trends in Water Quality Law and PolicyNebraska Agri-Business Association, Summer Conference, 08.24.2016
- Environmental Issues in Construction Projects, Construction Law SeminarNebraska Bar Association, 11.17.2015
- Waters of the U.S.Nebraska Power Summit, 10.28.2015
- You Found Out WHAT About My Company on the Web?Nebraska Safety Council Conference and Tradeshow, 10.21.2015
- Federal Impacts on Water Law, Nebraska Water Law ConferenceThe University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 03.20.2015