Eric Oxley counsels business owners, corporate, and private equity clients in domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, as well as corporate and general business matters. Eric has executed more than 130 domestic and cross-border M&A transactions in a wide variety of industries, including a heavy volume of deals in the technology, insurance, industrial, and specialty distribution sectors. Chambers & Partners has reported that “Eric attracts praise from clients for his ability to provide professional and easy-to-understand advice and for his hugely pragmatic approach.”
He was recognized by The M&A Advisor as one of their “Emerging Leaders,” which recognizes his significant level of success as a legal advisor in the M&A industry before the age of 40. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016-2021, Super Lawyers 2017-2020, and was also recognized by Chambers USA 2017-2021 for Corporate/Commercial Law. Chambers and Partners client feedback included, "Eric is a great communicator and can make a complex issue easy to understand. He understands the need for a balance between the business deal and legal protections. It is invaluable to be able to trust outside counsel as if they were one of your own internal team members, and I am happy to say I have that level of trust in Eric."
Eric is a Shareholder and holds multiple leadership roles in the Firm, including serving on the Firm's Executive Committee and as Co-Chair of the M&A Practice Area.
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of Prevenio
- Indianhead Plating, Inc. in its sale to Pioneer Metal Finishing, LLC
- Oregon Vineyard Supply Co in its acquisition of Davis Pump & Electric Motors, Inc.
- HHAeXchange, a Cressey & Company partnership, in its acquisition of Annkissam, LLC
- 365 Retails Markets in its acquisition of Stockwell.ai
- Oregon Vineyard Supply Co. in its acquisition of Cascade Water Systems
- Team Software in the acquisition of Kwantek, LLC
- Innovative Switchgear Solutions, Inc. in its sale to Cooper Power Systems, LLC, a subsidiary of Eaton Corporation
- 365 Retail Markets in the acquisition of Company Kitchen
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of Proseal uk Limited
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of Prime Equipment Group
- TEAM Software in the acquisition of Lighthous.IO Inc.
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of ACC Fresh Leaf Holding B.V. and Quadra B.V.
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of FTNON Almelo B.V. and Affiliates
- Bridges Holding Company in the acquisition of assets of the Omaha branch office of Westwood Holdings Group, Inc.
- Wilson Orchard & Vineyard Supply, LLC in the acquisition of Valley Vineyard & Orchard Supply, Inc.
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of Avure Technologies, Inc.
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of assets of Cooling & Applied Technology, Inc.
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of Novus X-Ray, LLC
- Xact Data Discovery in its acquisition of Orange Legal Technologies and Orange Document Services
- Xact Data Discovery in its acquisition of F1 Discovery, LLC
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of A&B Process Systems Corp.
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of Stork Food & Dairy Systems B.V.
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of Wolf-tec, Inc.
- QC Supply, LLC in multiple acquisitions
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of PLF International Limited
- JBT Corporation in the acquisition of Aircraft Maintenance Support Services, Ltd.
- Dover Corporation sale of Heil-Europe Limited to Farid Industrie SpA.
- Environmental Solutions Group acquisition of The Curotto-Can, Inc.
- Dover Corporation in the sale of Heil Trailer International to American Industrial Partners
- Dover Corporation in the sale of Crenlo, LLC and Paladin Brands to KPS Capital Partners, LP
- Environmental Services Group in the sale of its Heil Truck Equipment Group division to Truck Bodies Equipment International, Inc.
- Vehicle Service Group, LLC in the acquisition of certain assets of Hanmecson International, Inc., a Chinese-based company, and Direct-Lift, L.P.
- Dover Corporation in the sale of Somero Enterprises, Inc. to Gores Technology Group, LLC
- Dover Corporation in the sale of Koolant Koolers, Inc. to Riedel USA, Inc. and Glen Electric Ltd.
- Lyman-Richey Corporation in multiple acquisitions
Private Equity Transactions
- 365 Retail Markets, LLC in its recapitalization by Providence Equity
- McCarthy Capital Corporation and sellers in the sale of Homecare Software Solutions, LLC d/b/a HHA eXchange to Cressey & Company
- McCarthy Capital in its investment in BiggerPockets
- McCarthy Capital in its investment in Quantum Workplace
- McCarthy Capital in its investment in Scooter’s Coffee
- Clearview Capital, LLC in its investment in Mudlick Mail, LLC
- Clearview Capital, LLC in the sale of QC Supply, LLC to Charlesbank Capital Partners
- Clearview Capital, LLC in its investment in Wilson Orchard & Vineyard Supply, LLC
- McCarthy Capital Corporation in its investment in 365 Retail Markets, LLC
- McCarthy Capital Corporation in the sale of Benaissance, LLC to WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX)
- McCarthy Capital Corporation in its investment in United Country Real Estate, LLC
- McCarthy Capital Corporation in its investment in Homecare Software Solutions, LLC d.b.a. HHA eXchange
- McCarthy Capital Corporation in its investment in DSCI, LLC
- McCarthy Capital Corporation in its investment in Altair Global Services, LLC
- McCarthy Capital Corporation in its investment in Environmental Planning Group, LLC
- McCarthy Capital Corporation in the sale of CoSentry.net, LLC to TA Associates
- McCarthy Capital Corporation in its investment in Life Care Companies, LLC
- Optimas Group, LLC in its investment in AllCom Global
Closely Held Sale Transactions
- INSPRO, Inc. in its sale to Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC
- SilverStone Group, Inc. in its sale to HUB International
- Transformations Treatment Center in its sale to Rewi Capital
- Independent Technologies in its sale to DataOnline
- H-Card, LLC (HAP-X) in its sale to Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX)
- Benaissance in its sale to WEX, Inc.
- Sojourner Farms LLC in its sale to WellPet LLC
- Allmand Bros, Inc. in its sale to Briggs & Stratton
- Apollo Steel in the sale to NEBCO, Inc.
- QC Supply, LLC in its sale to Clearview Capital, LLC
- O’Malley Grain Inc. in its sale o to The Andersons, Inc.
- Recapitalization of CoSentry, LLC
- Sale of Overland Sand & Gravel to NEBCO, Inc.
News & Publications
- The Nebraska Lawyer, 09.2017
- Corporate LiveWire, 05.2015
- Business Minded - Planning for Success Webinar Series, 06.23.2021
- Nebraska Society of CPAs 19th Annual Fall CPE Conference, 11.04.2019
- 2018 EST Summit, 05.03.2018
- Omaha Magazine, 07.2021
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
The Best Lawyers in America©, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law and Corporate Law, 2016-2021
Chambers USA, Corporate/Commercial Law, 2017-2021
Omaha Magazine Top Lawyers of Omaha, Corporate Finance Mergers and Acquisitions, 2021
Super Lawyers, 2017-2020
The M&A Advisor "Emerging Leader", 2016
Community & Professional
Nebraska and Omaha Bar Associations
College World Series of Omaha, Inc., Director, Executive Committee Member & Audit Committee Chair
Leadership Omaha Class 34
Member of International Business Law Consortium, www.iblc.com
J.D., The Catholic University of America – Columbus School of Law (magna cum laude)
- Securities and Corporate Law Institute
- Journal of Contemporary Health Law and Policy
B.S.B.A., Creighton University
- State of Nebraska