Lisa helps families and business owners plan for their financial future by listening to their objectives and then guiding them to develop and implement a plan for the thoughtful distribution of the wealth they have worked hard to accumulate. She develops customized estate and wealth transfer plans to protect her clients' assets and help them accomplish their company and family goals, while ensuring they receive the most favorable income, gift, and estate tax treatment possible.
In addition, Lisa’s practice focuses on tax matters impacting entrepreneurs and business owners, with a specialty in tax controversy matters at both the state and federal (IRS) level. She combines her background in accounting and business management, with her love of diving into complex tax issues, as well as her Gallup Strength of “Competitive” to zealously advocate for her clients.
Lisa previously taught Estate Planning at Creighton University School of Law as an adjunct professor and she frequently writes and speaks on estate planning topics and tax developments.
News & Publications
- Potential Developments in Federal Wealth Transfer Taxation and Income Taxation2017 John M. Gradwohl Estate and Business Planning Program, 05.12.2017
- Modifying a Child Custody Decree Originally Entered in Another State: The Supreme Court of Nebraska Explains the Nebraska Child Custody Jurisdiction Act in Hamilton v. Foster35 Creighton Law Review 239, 2001
Honors & Affiliations
Community & Professional
Nebraska State Bar Association
Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
Child Saving Institute, Volunteer and Board Member
Sanitary Improvement District #498, Elected Board Member
J.D., Creighton University (summa cum laude)
- Certificate of Concentration: Business Law
- Student Articles Editor, Creighton Law Review
B.S.B.A., Creighton University Heider College of Business (summa cum laude)
- Major: Accounting
- Beta Alpha Psi (National Accounting Honor Society)
- Collegiate Region Winner of the Amy Burnham Onken Award for Outstanding Scholarship and Campus and Community Leadership, Pi Beta Phi
- State of Nebraska