Comi Sharif advises companies on a range of business transactions and day-to-day corporate governance matters. Comi focuses his practice on domestic, middle-market corporate and private equity transactions, with a particular emphasis on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and recapitalizations. He also diligently counsels clients on general business matters, including initial entity formation and ownership structuring.
Prior to joining Koley Jessen, Comi was employed by a number of sports organizations, including the San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, as well as the University of Nebraska and University of Minnesota athletic departments.
Comi also serves on the Firm’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee and Recruiting Committee.
- 365 Retail Markets, LLC in its recapitalization by Providence Equity
- HHAeXchange, a Cressey & Company partnership, in its acquisition of Annkissam, LLC
- Old Reliable Wholesale d/b/a C.C. Supply, a distributor of residential and commercial roofing and related products, in its sale to SRS Distribution Inc.
- C&A Industries, a leading healthcare staffing and workforce solutions company, in its sale to Medical Solutions, a portfolio company of TPG Growth
- Naturally Recycled Proteins, in its sale of Citrus Extracts, LLC, an ingredient specialist in dehydrating citrus peel primarily for use by food and beverage manufacturers, to a consortium consisting of the Firmament Group, Sweat Equities, LLC, and McLean Family Farms
- The Maids International, quality leader among house cleaning services in the industry, with franchise and company-owned locations in over 40 U.S. states and three Canadian provinces, in its recapitalization by Gladstone Investment Corporation (NASDAQ: GAIN)
- VT Industries, North America's leading manufacturer of architectural wood doors, countertops, and vanity surfaces, in its acquisition of Eggers Industries, a national door and millwork manufacturer
- Midwest Wholesale Materials, a distributor of residential and commercial roofing and related products, in its sale to ABC Supply Co., Inc.
- Deliveron Consulting Services, an agile-focused cloud computing consulting firm, in its sale to Green House Data
- Innovative Switchgear Solutions, Inc. in its sale to Cooper Power Systems, LLC, a subsidiary of Eaton Corporation (NYSE:ETN)
- Richardson Oilseed Products (US) Limited in its acquisition of the Wesson cooking oil business from ConAgra Foods Packaged Foods, LLC
- McCarthy Capital Corporation and sellers in the sale of Homecare Software Solutions, LLC d/b/a HHA eXchange to Cressey & Company
- HDR, Inc. in connection with its:
- Acquisition of David Ford Consulting Engineers, an engineering services firm specializing in the hydrologic, hydraulic and flood risk analysis, reservoir systems and operations, water resource planning, and hydro-economics
- Reorganization and divestiture of Infrastructure Company of America, LLC
- Acquisition of Maintenance Design Group, an engineering services firm specializing in the planning and design of vehicle and fleet operations and maintenance facilities
- McCarthy Capital in its investment in Scooter’s Coffee
- Net-Tech Technology, Inc. in its sale to PPC Broadband, Inc., a subsidiary of Belden Inc. (NYSE: BDC)
- Affiliated Foods Midwest Cooperative, Inc. in sale of assets to Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Sale of substantially all the assets of Aberdeen LLC
- Global Industries, Inc. in its sale to Ag Growth International, Inc. (TSX: AFN)
- Wright Therapy Products, Inc., a subsidiary of BSN medical, Inc., wholly owned by Essity AB (STO: ESSITY), in sale of certain assets to Tactile Systems Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: TCMD)
- Shareholders of TGW (Holdings) Limited, a Sheffield, U.K. based industrial knife manufacturer, as U.S. counsel in connection with its sale to Blue Wolf Capital Partners LLC
- Prairie Capital in the sale of DAMAC LLC
- Compass Health Brands Corp., a medical and hospital equipment provider, in multiple acquisitions including:
- Richmar brands and related assets from Naimco, Inc.
- STRENGTHTAPE brands and related assets from Endevr, Inc.
- Assets from Meridian Medical
- The Professional Medical Imports Division (PMI) from Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC)
- H-Card, LLC (HAP-X), an automated payment management solutions provider, in its sale to Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX)
- BSN medical GmbH, a global leader in non-invasive orthopedic products, in multiple acquisitions including:
- Wright Therapy Products, Inc., a leading manufacturer of compression therapy systems used to treat chronic venous insufficiency
- Acquisition of a leading provider of pneumatic compression therapies for deep vein thrombosis
- Sojourner Farms LLC, a manufacturer and distributor of raw pet food and gourmet treats, in its sale to WellPet LLC
News & Publications
- American Bar Association - Preferred Returns Newsletter, 09.2018
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2022
Community & Professional
LeadDIVERSITY Class of 2021
Nebraska and Omaha Bar Associations