Serving as a trusted advisor to individual business owners and families, alike, Nate Patterson works closely with each client and their team of advisors to implement estate, business succession, wealth and tax planning to ensure each client accomplishes their personal and financial objectives, and leaves a lasting legacy.
By utilizing practical and ongoing business ownership experience, Nate practices with an ownership mentality and "boots on the ground" approach, providing his clients with grounded and sophisticated advice to issues that families and business owners face.
With an agriculture and business background, Nathan works with family businesses and agriculture clients in all aspects of their estate and business matters, including using sophisticated wealth transfer and asset protection techniques to protect family businesses and farms for the next generation of owners in a tax efficient manner and reducing inter-family/owner disputes following a transition.
Additionally, Nathan assists agriculture clients in various entity structuring techniques and program navigation related to FSA and USDA payment and program planning, including program qualification for beginning and minority farmers.
Nathan earned his BEI Certified Exit Planner (CExP™) designation in 2022.
News & Publications
- Nebraska CPA, May/June 2022
- Nebraska CPA, September/October 2020
- Coronavirus Food Assistance Program: Direct Payments to Farmers and Ranchers Amidst the Coronavirus Pandemic05.27.2020
- Nebraska CPA, January/February 2020
J.D., Creighton University School of Law, 2019 (summa cum laude)
- Certificate of Concentration in Business Law
- Creighton Law Review
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in: Estate Planning; Property I; Commercial Law; Legal Research and Writing II; Criminal Law; and Torts
B.A., Briar Cliff University, 2012 (summa cum laude)
BEI Certified Exit Planner (CExP™) designation, 2022
- State of Nebraska
State of Iowa