Exclusively focused on the middle market, Josh Norton guides private equity sponsors, strategic acquirers and closely held businesses through M&A and private investment transactions. In his frequent role acting as outside general counsel, Josh leans in to apply a dedicated understanding of clients’ businesses to help them capitalize on strategic opportunities and navigate challenging situations.
As part of his practice, Josh leads complex transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, recapitalizations, leverage buyouts, and controlling/non-controlling investments across a broad spectrum of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, technology, and business services. Josh also counsels clients with respect to start-up and structuring matters, capital raising, and a host of related corporate governance and transactional matters. Partnering with investors, entrepreneurs, and management teams, Josh is a relentless problem-solver focused on delivering pragmatic solutions and actionable advice.
- Triage, LLC in acquisition of Kamana
- Triage, LLC in acquisition of TaleMed
- Northeast Nebraska Vet Services and Heritage Animal Health in recapitalization with Main Street Capital Corporation (NYSE: MAIN)
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Big Bolt
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Terryberry
- NTT Security in its acquisition of WhiteHat Security
- gWorks in its acquisition of Data Technologies, Inc.
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in sale of Claude Laval Corporation
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in sale of Watertronics, LLC
- Net-Tech Technology, Inc. in its sale to PPC Broadband, Inc., a subsidiary of Belden Inc. (NYSE: BDC)
- Sale of Lattner Entertainment Group Illinois, LLC
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Auveco
- PrairieSmarts, LLC in sale to Covisum
- Global Industries, Inc. in sale to Ag Growth International, Inc. (TSX: AFN)
- McCarthy Capital with investment in Triage, LLC
- Olson Associates in acquisition of Lutjen, Inc.
- Compass Health Brands Corp. in add-on acquisitions of:
- Richmar brands and related assets from Naimco, Inc.
- STRENGTHTAPE brands and related assets from Endevr, Inc.
- Assets from Meridian Medical and the Professional Medical Imports Division (PMI) from Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC)
- Medical Solutions L.L.C. in sale to Beecken Petty O’Keefe & Company
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Pugh Lubricants, LLC and Apollo Lubricants, LLC
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Unirac, Inc. from Hilti Solar North America, Inc.
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Fairmont Supply Company from CONSOL Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CNX)
- Olsson Associates in acquisition of Ochsner, Hare & Hare, LLC
- Offwire, Inc. in sale to BrightStar US
- Kiewit Midstream LLC in acquisition of Southwest Energy, LP
- Medical Solutions L.L.C. in acquisition of Nurse Travel Staffing, LLC from On Assignment, Inc.
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Roscoe Medical, Inc.
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in acquisition of Claude Laval Corporation
- Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc. in sale of assets to Perrigo, Inc. for $285 million
- Watson Technology Group in acquisition of GeeksWithBlogs
- Bag ‘N Save, Inc., in sale of business to Nash Finch Company
- Medical Solutions L.L.C. in private equity investment transactions with Tenex Capital Management and McCarthy Capital Fund V, L.P.
- Omaha World-Herald Company in stock sale to Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in acquisition of IRZ Consulting, LLC
- Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV) in the sale of Crenlo, LLC and Paladin Brands to KPS Partners for $290 million
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in purchase of stock of Digitec, Inc.
News & Publications
- Omaha Magazine, 07.2021
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Omaha Magazine Top Lawyers of Omaha, Corporate Finance Mergers and Acquisitions, 2021
Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016-2018
Community & Professional
Nebraska and Omaha Bar Associations
Knights of Aksarben Foundation, Floor Committee