Exclusively focused on the middle market, Josh Norton guides private equity sponsors, strategic acquirers and closely held businesses through M&A and private investment transactions. He often acts as outside general counsel, applying a dedicated understanding of clients’ businesses to translate complex legal concepts into understandable and actionable advice.
As part of his practice, Josh counsels clients with the structuring, due diligence, negotiation and execution of acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, recapitalizations, restructurings and controlling/non-controlling investments across a broad spectrum of industries. He also represents entrepreneurs and growth companies with start-up and structuring matters, capital raising, buy/sell agreements and related corporate governance matters.
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in sale of Claude Laval Corporation
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in sale of Watertronics, LLC
- Net-Tech Technology, Inc. in its sale to PPC Broadband, Inc., a subsidiary of Belden Inc. (NYSE: BDC)
- Sale of Lattner Entertainment Group Illinois, LLC
- Fairmont Supply Company in the purchase of assets from THB, Inc.
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Auveco
- PrairieSmarts, LLC in sale to Covisum
- Global Industries, Inc. in sale to Ag Growth International, Inc. (TSX: AFN)
- Olson Associates in acquisition of Lutjen, Inc.
- Compass Health Brands Corp. in add-on acquisitions of:
- Richmar brands and related assets from Naimco, Inc.
- STRENGTHTAPE brands and related assets from Endevr, Inc.
- Assets from Meridian Medical and the Professional Medical Imports Division (PMI) from Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC)
- Medical Solutions L.L.C. in sale to Beecken Petty O’Keefe & Company
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Pugh Lubricants, LLC and Apollo Lubricants, LLC
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Unirac, Inc. from Hilti Solar North America, Inc.
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Fairmont Supply Company from CONSOL Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CNX)
- US GreenFiber, LLC in add-on acquisitions of:
- Assets from United Fiber, LLC
- Assets from National Fiber, LLC
- Assets from Central Fiber, LLC
- Assets from Fiber America, LLC
- Assets from ThermoCell Limited
- Olsson Associates in acquisition of Ochsner, Hare & Hare, LLC
- Offwire, Inc. in sale to BrightStar US
- Kiewit Midstream LLC in acquisition of Southwest Energy, LP
- Medical Solutions L.L.C. in acquisition of Nurse Travel Staffing, LLC from On Assignment, Inc.
- Rush Overland Manufacturing in acquisition of Cobra Manufacturing, Inc.
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of Roscoe Medical, Inc.
- Tenex Capital Management in acquisition of US Greenfiber, LLC
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in acquisition of Claude Laval Corporation
- Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc. in sale of assets to Perrigo, Inc. for $285 million
- Watson Technology Group in acquisition of GeeksWithBlogs
- Bag ‘N Save, Inc., in sale of business to Nash Finch Company
- Medical Solutions L.L.C. in private equity investment transactions with Tenex Capital Management and McCarthy Capital Fund V, L.P.
- Watson Technology Group in angel investment in ABPathfinders, LLC
- Omaha World-Herald Company in stock sale to Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in acquisition of IRZ Consulting, LLC
- Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV) in the sale of Crenlo, LLC and Paladin Brands to KPS Partners for $290 million
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in purchase of stock of Digitec, Inc.
News & Publications
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016-2018
Community & Professional
Nebraska, Iowa, and Omaha Bar Associations
J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law (high distinction)
- Nebraska Law Review, Research Editor
- Order of the Coif
B.A., Nebraska Wesleyan University (distinction)
- State of Iowa
State of Nebraska