Exclusively focused on the middle market, Josh Norton guides private equity sponsors, strategic acquirers and closely held businesses through M&A and private investment transactions. In his frequent role acting as outside general counsel, Josh leans in to apply a dedicated understanding of clients’ businesses to help them capitalize on strategic opportunities and navigate challenging situations.
As part of his practice, Josh leads complex transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, recapitalizations, leverage buyouts, and controlling/non-controlling investments across a broad spectrum of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, technology, and business services. Josh also counsels clients with respect to start-up and structuring matters, capital raising, and a host of related corporate governance and transactional matters. Partnering with investors, entrepreneurs, and management teams, Josh is a relentless problem-solver focused on delivering pragmatic solutions and actionable advice.
- Tenex Capital Management in the following transactions:
- Investment in Minuteman Security and Life Safety
- Acquisition of Big Bolt
- Acquisition of Terryberry
- Acquisition of Auveco
- Acquisition of Pugh Lubricants, LLC and Apollo Lubricants, LLC
- Acquisition of Unirac, Inc. from Hilti Solar North America, Inc.
- Acquisition of Fairmont Supply Company from CONSOL Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CNX)
- Acquisition of Roscoe Medical, Inc.
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) in the following transactions:
- Acquisition of FieldWise,LLC
- Acquisition and sale of Claude Laval Corporation
- Sale of Watertronics, LLC
- Acquisition of IRZ Consulting, LLC
- Purchase of stock of Digitec, Inc.
- Sweet Harvest Foods in its acquisition of Sweet River Honey
- JTM Foods, a portfolio company of Tenex Capital Management, in its acquisition of Cookies-n-Milk
- Kiewit Corporation in its acquisition of Weeks Marine
- Miller Veterinary Supply in its sale to Patterson Vet Supply
- Triage, LLC in acquisition of TaleMed
- Northeast Nebraska Vet Services and Heritage Animal Health in recapitalization with Main Street Capital Corporation (NYSE: MAIN)
- NTT Security in its acquisition of WhiteHat Security
- gWorks in its acquisition of Data Technologies, Inc.
- Net-Tech Technology, Inc. in its sale to PPC Broadband, Inc., a subsidiary of Belden Inc. (NYSE: BDC)
- Sale of Lattner Entertainment Group Illinois, LLC
- PrairieSmarts, LLC in sale to Covisum
- Global Industries, Inc. in sale to Ag Growth International, Inc. (TSX: AFN)
- McCarthy Capital with investment in Triage, LLC
- Olson Associates in acquisition of Lutjen, Inc.
- Compass Health Brands Corp. in add-on acquisitions of:
- Richmar brands and related assets from Naimco, Inc.
- STRENGTHTAPE brands and related assets from Endevr, Inc.
- Assets from Meridian Medical and the Professional Medical Imports Division (PMI) from Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC)
- Medical Solutions L.L.C. in the following transactions:
- Sale to Beecken Petty O’Keefe & Company
- Acquisition of Nurse Travel Staffing, LLC from On Assignment, Inc.
- Private equity investment transactions with Tenex Capital Management and McCarthy Capital Fund V, L.P.
- Olsson Associates in acquisition of Ochsner, Hare & Hare, LLC
- Offwire, Inc. in sale to BrightStar US
- Kiewit Midstream LLC in acquisition of Southwest Energy, LP
- Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc. in sale of assets to Perrigo, Inc. for $285 million
- Watson Technology Group in acquisition of GeeksWithBlogs
- Bag ‘N Save, Inc., in sale of business to Nash Finch Company
- Omaha World-Herald Company in stock sale to Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV) in the sale of Crenlo, LLC and Paladin Brands to KPS Partners for $290 million
News & Publications
- Omaha Magazine, 07.2021
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016-2018
Community & Professional
Nebraska and Omaha Bar Associations
Knights of Aksarben Foundation, Floor Committee
J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law (with high distinction)
- Nebraska Law Review, Research Editor
- Order of the Coif
B.A., Nebraska Wesleyan University (with distinction)
- State of Nebraska