With a focus on collaborative and cooperative relationships, Nicole (Nickie) Konen leads businesses through complex M&A, private investment, and business succession transactions, while building rapport with the advisors and adversaries involved.
She appreciates that each client is unique. Nickie not only considers a client’s industry, location, and size, but more importantly, focuses on each client’s values, priorities, risk tolerance, and unique circumstances. This allows her to serve clients of all sizes and structures, in a variety of industries, wherever they may be located. She puts her Master of Professional Accountancy to good use, making sure her advice is practical from a financial perspective.
Nickie has a unique, personal approach to practicing law. Her personal maxim is as follows: “There are only three things a person can control in her life: her attitude, her effort, and her choices.” Nickie’s service to her clients showcases these concepts:
- Attitude: Nickie has a positive attitude grounded in reality, approaching every project with enthusiasm. She builds rapport with clients, advisors, and adversaries, which leads to collaborative and cooperative relationships. Clients feel comfortable approaching her for guidance, knowing she genuinely cares about their success. Nickie’s attitude enables her to handle the pressure of stressful situations with ease.
- Effort: Nickie seeks out challenges and is driven by achievements. This pushes her to work hard, be productive, and create exceptional work product. She is self-motivated and proactive, advancing projects in a timely manner and showing measurable progress. She enjoys being busy and learning new things to enhance her current skills.
- Choices: Nickie is a strategic-thinker, always considering alternative scenarios, evaluating potential problems, assessing long-term implications, and selecting the most advantageous course of action. Nickie not only predicts obstacles but also devises ways to overcome or avoid them. She tailors her communications and work product to the audience and issues at hand. Clients feel empowered to make decisions that further their goals, honor their values, and account for their priorities.
While Nickie is passionate about helping clients buy and sell businesses, she also uses her legal skills for the benefit of our community. She personally serves on the Fontenelle Forest Board of Directors and the Papillion La Vista Community Schools Foundation and professionally provides legal counsel to various nonprofit organizations in the Omaha community.
- Sweet Harvest Foods in its acquisition of Sweet River Honey
- Kiewit Corporation in its acquisition of Weeks Marine
News & Publications
- 2023 Koley Jessen EST Summit, 04.27.2023
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Tax Law, 2021-2022
Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-2023
Community & Professional
Fontenelle Forest Board Member (2021 President)
Papillion La Vista Community Schools Foundation, Board Member
UNL College of Business Administration International Business Advisory, Board Member
Member Omaha Women’s Fund CIRCLES, Member
Leadership Omaha – Class 39
Nebraska DECA, Business Partnership Network, Member and Volunteer
UNL College of Business Administration Dean’s Young Alumni Advisory Board, Former Chairperson & Member
Omaha Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Former Chairperson, Treasurer, Education Committee Chair, and Founding Member
Nebraska Law Review Executive Editor UNL National Moot Court Team, Member
Delta Theta Phi Professional Law Fraternity, Vice Dean
UNL College of Law Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, Coordinator
J.D., University of Nebraska Lincoln, (highest distinction)
Master of Professional Accountancy, University of Nebraska Lincoln, (highest distinction)
B.S. University of Nebraska Lincoln, (highest distinction)
- Business Administration
- State of Iowa
- State of Nebraska